Information on Energy Efficiency
There is a Lot to Know About in Understanding Energy Efficiency
At MaritimeD&W, we understand that energy efficiency is more important than ever for the overall technical performance of your home residence or business location.
That’s why we are continuously looking for ways to make our windows and doors as thermally efficient as possible. From the materials we use and the glass packages we offer to our dedication as an ENERGY STAR® partner, we’ve got you covered when it comes to energy efficiency:
Important Terms and Definitions for Understanding Energy Efficiency for Your Home
U-Value: A U-value indicates the rate of heat transfer. The lower the U-value number, the slower it transfers heat from a warm area to a cold area.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC): The solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) indicates the amount of solar gain through a pane of glass. It ranges from 0 to 100. The higher the number, the better the solar gain.
Energy Rating: The Energy Rating (ER) value is calculated using a formula that balances a product’s U-value with its potential solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) and its airtightness. The higher the number, the more energy efficient the product.
Premium Vinyl: Used in products, an excellent insulator. Thermal properties are far superior to aluminum, steel and stainless steel.
Spacer Systems: Unique spacer systems, made of highly thermally prohibitive materials, placed between the glass panes further reduce temperature transfer.
Glass Coatings: Products available with Low E glass, allows short-wave energy to pass through, but reflects long-wave infrared energy for greater thermal efficiency.
Gas Fill: The space inside an insulating glass unit—between the glass panes—may be filled with Argon gas, an odorless, non-toxic gas that is six times denser than air. This acts as an added barrier for a higher level of efficiency.
More Energy Efficiency info and links:
Experience the Largest Window and Door Showroom in Atlantic Canada at Maritime Door & Window
Choosing new doors and windows for your home is a big commitment, with even bigger impact. To help with this, our remarkable showroom at Maritime Door & Window is where your decisions should start. Whether you’re updating for aesthetic appeal or replacing for functionality, our team at Maritime Door & Window wants to ensure you are making a wise investment. We proudly showcase the latest in doors and windows. With the largest selection in Atlantic Canada, our showroom will help you visualize your dreams.
The Showroom Experience
The Maritime Door & Window Showroom was created with our customers in mind. It was built to help our clients envision and understand what could be possible in their home. It’s a real-life catalogue.
Our showroom selection is truly like no other. The options may seem overwhelming, but a guided tour of our showroom will help you see the possibilities. Upon learning about what you’re looking for, we ensure that you are viewing realistic options that will meet your needs for the long term. As you voice your inspiration and ideas, we will provide you with direction on what is eye-appealing, practical, and efficient.
Our doors and windows are strategically placed throughout the showroom in efforts to trigger your imagination. For instance, you will always see our doors being displayed next to a window so that you’re able to get a realistic outdoor view. Our interior doors are set into walls so you can get a real feel for them inside your home. In addition, windows are displayed with an array of architectural finishes, mouldings and trim examples. We do our best to help you visualize the future look of your home.
Similar to how the Maritime Door & Window showroom creates a lasting impression on our customers, we offer a superior lineup of doors and windows to help you achieve the same impression on your visitors.
- Entrance doors help set the tone for the rest of your home. You can see our entrance doors displayed throughout the showroom in varying trim encasements and hardware to help you visualize distinctive entrance options for your home.
- Interior doors can add cohesion and style throughout your home. Viewing our showroom can help you discover whether you want the crisp, clean lines of our Heritage Door Series or the versatility of our molded and paneled doors.
- Patio Doors provide accessibility and can enhance visual scenery. You can experience a variety of energy-efficient patio doors to help find the right design, glass treatment, and hardware to match your lifestyle.
- Storm Doors help keep you safe in our harsh and unpredictable Canadian weather. Your aesthetic doesn’t have to be compromised for durability with our Bradford and Monarch storm doors. Come and see for yourself!
- Garage Doors require functionality, longevity as well as curb appeal. Our showroom offers a range of Garaga® garage doors so that you don’t have to blindly commit.
- Casement windows offer an innovative sash design and feature slim proportions and large glass area. You can view the various options that allow you to adapt the style of these windows to your home.
- Awning windows are versatile, durable, and offer a distinguished appearance. These windows are commonly used for ventilation as they open outward from the bottom. Similarly, you can view the various awning options in our showroom to match your home.
- Single hung windows are a classic. Not only are these windows versatile and charming, they open without consuming exterior space. Come and experience this space-saving design for yourself!
- Single sliding windows offer smooth sliding functionality. Slider windows have clean and simple lines and are easy to clean.
- Decorative windows add character and uniqueness to your home. Our advisors can tour you around the showroom to discover what style, size, and shape will best suit your home!
Walk Around our Best Ideas
When you tour our showroom, you will experience our company’s passion for our products. Providing the opportunity to see, touch, and feel our selection of doors and windows is a part of how we offer an efficient and pleasurable experience for our valued customers. Our team of highly-trained sales experts will exceed your expectations, as our doors and windows exceed international performance standards.